To Create a Formula to Perform a Calculation in Excel:
- Choose the cell where you would like to apply the formula.
- Type = into the cell. You will be able to see the formula that you are inputting in its entirety in the Formula Bar, as well as in the cell.
- Choose the cell that you would like to include as the first cell in your formula. Excel will automatically place the cell into the formula.
- Choose an Operator to be used in the formula (+, etc.).
- Choose the next cell that is to be used in your formula. Repeat the above step and this step for each cell and operator that needs to be added to your formula.
- Hit Enter on the keyboard or the Check Mark on the Formula Bar to accept your formula.