To Apply a Function Using Excel:
- Choose the cell where you want to use the function.
- Choose the Formulas tab on the Ribbon.
- Choose the Insert Function option on the Ribbon under the Formulas tab. An = sign will appear in the cell to let you know that a formula will follow. A Insert Function dialog box will also appear.
- Type the description of the function you want to use and choose Go to see a list of possible functions.
- Choose the Function you want to use in your Excel document and choose OK. A Function Argument dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Choose the cells for each argument. When you finish building the arguments, choose OK.