Can’t remember your tech training password and/or just want to change it? Here are the steps:
- Go to the tech training website.
- Find and click the Reset Password link, located near the top-right of the screen.
- Note the box that appears:
- Input your username and click the E-Mail Reset Link button. A message will be sent to the e-mail address on file with your tech training website account. (If that e-mail address is no longer valid, please contact Jeff Feiertag (email@example.com) to update the address.
- Find the message in your e-mail account. (If you do not see it, please check your junk/spam folder).
- Click the link provided in the e-mail message. This will take you back to the website to show the following box:
- Input your username again, followed by the new password of your choice. Please use at least eight characters and the following:
- At least one upper-case letter
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character
- Click the Change Password button and verification will be sent to the same e-mail address on file.
Need a PW reset for Fleet Management/Defect Reporting? Call or e-mail the county helpdesk (240.777.2828 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Did you forget your county network password and you need to access e-mail, MCtime and/or the increasing list of county applications tied to the all important single sign-on (SSO)?
You should not need to call the helpdesk. Instead:
- Go to Quicklinks — have someone else log into the county computer, use your personal tablet, use your phone, etc. — and click ePortal/MCtime.
- Look below the username and password input boxes and you’ll see a link for changing your password (among others). Click it.
- Answer the few security questions you should have set up long ago and you’ll be able to change your password.
A reminder about restrictions — your new password must be a minimum of eight (8) characters, it must not have been your password in the last nine passwords and it must meet several criteria, as shown in the picture below. (Remember your password will be case-sensitive, by the way.)
- At least one number but not more than six numbers.
- At least one symbol character but not more than six of them.
- Cannot repeat any character more than six times.
- Cannot repeat any character sequentially more than four times.
- Not the words test or password.
- Cannot include part or all of your username or real name.
- At least three of four of the following criteria:
- UPPER CASE
- lower case
- Number (0-9)
- Symbol (!@#$%^, etc.)
Given the restrictions, here are some easy-to-remember examples: