Effective 07/01/2022, all tracking for working out of class is now performed via the FireApp Working out of Class (WOC) module.
Scenario: You have received e-mail, indicating that someone you supervise has submitted an entry for working out of class.
- Log into FireApp and click the WOC button, located near the bottom of the left-side navigation. You will see any entries which require your attention. (Note: Do not reply to the e-mail you received about the WOC activity to be approved; they are not monitored.)
- Click to select the one which you would like to approve or deny.
- Review the details for the submission and click either the Approve or Deny button.
Note: You may not approve any entry that is greater than 24 hours, excluding Daylight Savings.
Have you worked out of class (F3 as a primary apparatus officer, MFF as an officer in a station, MFF to primary unit officer while LT or LT as the sole or senior-most officer)? Effective 07/01/2022, out-of-class tracking is now done through FireApp’s Working Out of Class (WOC) module.
- Log into FireApp.
- Click the WOC button, located near the bottom of the left-side navigation panel.
- Click the Member (Enter Working out of Class Activity) button.
- Fill in the necessary fields.
- Note the following:
- Activity Type: Select one of the four options.
Note: The Firefighter III as a primary apparatus unit officer option will require you to select the specific incident and unit on which you worked out of class.
- Start DateTime and End DateTime: Identify the period in which you worked out of class in this role. This entry must be equal to or less than 24 hours. If you enter a time range which is greater than 24 hours, your supervisor is directed to deny the entry, except for daylight savings. (If you need to enter time for the period after 24 hours, such as for an incident than ran over into the next day, simply input a second entry for that next day’s activity.) Since tracking is now performed through the FireApp WOC module, you may enter hours that occurred prior to the last six months (plus a 10-day grace period), factoring in a rolling six-month period.
- Activity Hours: This field will auto-calculate, based upon the start and end times.
- Click the Send to Superv(isor) button, located at the top of the screen.
- This will send e-mail to your assigned supervisor. If your supervisor is on extended leave or you need to change supervisors for some other reason, you may search for another officer by using the Supervisor FSID field.
- If you make a mistake and switch to another FireApp module (effectively saving this entry without sending it to your supervisor), you may return to the WOC module and continue the entry. Additionally, if you made an error and want to have the record removed from the database, simply submit a TSR to request the entry be deleted. Please be as specific in the description as you can.
Answering Common Questions from Station Personnel
Here are responses for two questions commonly asked by field personnel:
Question: Why didn’t my officers receive a supervisor endorsement? Why is my officer unable to
submit an endorsement for my vacancy application?
Answer: The officer’s e-mail address was incorrectly entered in the References section of the
Question: Why haven’t I been promoted to FFII/FFIII yet, even though I have met the
Answer: If the candidate’s qualifications were just recently met, please note that (s)he may need
to wait a few weeks for the promotion to be reviewed. It is also possible that the candidate’s
annual certification dates may not yet have been entered into PCAP.