As of July 2019, the MCFRS public education section (now called Community Risk Reduction) has moved from the Vol and Community Ed Services Division to the Office of the Fire Chief. With that move, the links for public education documentation and Wufoo form have moved on Quicklinks. Here are directions to find the new location.
Go to Quicklinks.
Click to expand the Fire Chief menu and choose Pub Ed Report Form.
Enter the password (as shown below) and click the Submit button.
Use the form.
Scenario: You are a career officer or LFRD training coordinator and need to check off some of your personnel in a tech training subsite for the training project of the month. (Note: Only some of the subsites offer this capability; some check-offs are based upon the individual completing a course on his/her own.) Examples include Alzheimer’s training and IRP-Spec Ops (technical rescue and water rescue).
Go to the site, either by direct link (as provided in an FCGO or direct e-mail message from the Ops chief, for example) or via the tech training website chief section (lower-right corner of the chief main page – see the bullet list).
- Click the Officers’ Check-Off navigation item instead of the Chiefs navigation item and you will be asked to log in. Please enter your tech training website login username and password. (Note: If you are asked again to enter the username and password — and you are positive you did not have a typo — then please contact Jeff Feiertag to have your security rights checked.)
Navigating to the Correct Check-Off Page
- Click the link for which personnel you would like to check off for completion of training, career or volunteer. (Note: In the rare circumstance you are checking off any civilian administrative personnel, they will be found in the volunteer section, listed as MCFRS Admin.)
- Select the name of the course for which you would like to provide credit to your personnel. If you are on the career check-off page, please also select the battalion and shift. (Personnel not located in Battalions 1-5 are assigned to Battalion 99.) if you are on the volunteer check-off page, select the LFRD.
- Click the checkbox next to any name you would like to provide credit. Repeat as needed until all of the personnel in that battalion/shift or LFRD for which you want to provide credit have check marks.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Ensure the date is correct. (It should load the current date but you may change it to reflect the proper date in which your personnel earned credit, if needed.)
- Click the Check Off Students button.
- Repeat for any other battalion/shift combinations or LFRDs.
- Remember to log off of the site when you have finished by clicking the Logout link, located toward the top-left of the page.
Several officers have found that the IPPA documents found on Quicklinks are saved as read-only and then they have difficulty using (and editing) the documents. Here is your workaround:
- Go to Quicklinks, expand the Human Resources Division menu and click the IPPA Forms and Documents link (or just click it here).
- Find the rank-level evaluation you need on the right side of the page.
- Click the link to download the file (likely saved to your Downloads folder). Alternatively, you may right-click the link and select (Save As…) to save the file in a specific place of your choice.
- Go to the location of the saved document and double-click to open the document. Note the pop-up:
- Click the No button to indicate you don’t want the document to be read-only.
Note: Some versions of Word will also prompt you with an Edit Document button near the top of the screen in the View tab. If you see that, click it.
Need a PW reset for Fleet Management/Defect Reporting? Call or e-mail the county helpdesk (240.777.2828 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Getting the Remote Control
- Open the double-doors that lead to the tech training suite and turn left. (Do not go into the tech training suite, itself.)
- Proceed to the end of the hall and knock on the POL Technology door on the right. Wait for someone to answer the door.
- Tell the person answering the door that you are with FRS and borrowing the conference room projector remote control.
- Note the black bag hanging on the cube wall a few paces in front of you (and the clipboard to the side).
- Take the black projector bag labeled Conference Room #1 / MCPD Tech. This has the remote and the cables you will need.
- Sign your name where appropriate on the sign-out sheet.
- Proceed to the conference room.
- Take the projector remote control (you do not need the other one) and return to the conference room. Note the Projector label at the bottom.
Setting Up Your Laptop/Notebook
Using the Remote Control
- Press the On button at the top-left corner of the remote to turn the projector on and use it.
- Press the Standby button at the top-left corner of the remote to turn the projector off when you are finished.
- Remember to return the black bag and its contents to the proper cube in the POL Technology suite.