Several officers have found that the IPPA documents found on Quicklinks are saved as read-only and then they have difficulty using (and editing) the documents. Here is your workaround:
- Go to Quicklinks, expand the Human Resources Division menu and click the IPPA Forms and Documents link (or just click it here).
- Find the rank-level evaluation you need on the right side of the page.
- Click the link to download the file (likely saved to your Downloads folder). Alternatively, you may right-click the link and select (Save As…) to save the file in a specific place of your choice.
- Go to the location of the saved document and double-click to open the document. Note the pop-up:
- Click the No button to indicate you don’t want the document to be read-only.
Note: Some versions of Word will also prompt you with an Edit Document button near the top of the screen in the View tab. If you see that, click it.
Need a PW reset for Fleet Management/Defect Reporting? Call or e-mail the county helpdesk (240.777.2828 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Getting the Remote Control
- Open the double-doors that lead to the tech training suite and turn left. (Do not go into the tech training suite, itself.)
- Proceed to the end of the hall and knock on the POL Technology door on the right. Wait for someone to answer the door.
- Tell the person answering the door that you are with FRS and borrowing the conference room projector remote control.
- Note the black bag hanging on the cube wall a few paces in front of you (and the clipboard to the side).
- Take the black projector bag labeled Conference Room #1 / MCPD Tech. This has the remote and the cables you will need.
- Sign your name where appropriate on the sign-out sheet.
- Proceed to the conference room.
- Take the projector remote control (you do not need the other one) and return to the conference room. Note the Projector label at the bottom.
Setting Up Your Laptop/Notebook
Using the Remote Control
- Press the On button at the top-left corner of the remote to turn the projector on and use it.
- Press the Standby button at the top-left corner of the remote to turn the projector off when you are finished.
- Remember to return the black bag and its contents to the proper cube in the POL Technology suite.